INSRUCTIONS TO GUESTS
1. Guests may use street shoes on floors
one and four, but one must
change to slippers on floor two.
2. Sound travels through the building and beyond walls easily in
Motherhouse Bethel. Therefore, guests are encouraged to reduce
unnecessary noise whenever and wherever possible.
3. For guests desiring a tour of the building and facilities, please
inquire at the front desk for information.
4. A table is provided in the main hall on the second floor for the
consumption of food and beverages. Please use this area for
eating. Please enjoy the complimentary Japanese tea available in
this location as well. You may also enjoy food and beverages in the
Western style rooms, but we respectfully request that you refrain
from taking food or beverages in the Japanese style rooms.
5. Smoking and the use of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited at
6. Check in begins 3:00 P.M. and check out is on or before 10:00 A.M..
7. For guests desiring a room key, please inquire at the front desk. If
you leave the building, please leave the key with the attendant at
the front desk, giving notification of the time of your scheduled
return. Please note that the building is locked at 10:00P.M..
8. If you leave the building or are in a conference for long periods of
time, before you leave your room, please close the windows. Also,
by all means, turn off the air conditioning.
9. Please adjust the window blinds so that the blinds are lowered and
positioned parallel to the floor.
10. Please use the pay phone on the first floor near the entranceway
for phone and fax calls. If you need change for making call, please
contact the business office for assistance.
11. Please ensure that you have taken adequate precautions for
valuables(cash, jewelry, cameras,etc.), as these are your own
personal responsibility. (There is no provision of a safe in the rooms
or at the facility.)
12. There are bathing facilities on the first and second floors. On the
first floor there are a shower and four Japanese-style bath spaces.
On the second floor there is a smaller room for bathing, with a tub
and shower. By all means, when you finish bathing and before you
leave the bathing area, be sure to leave the exhaust fan turned on
and the light switches turned off.
13. Please use the bath towel, wash cloth and bath mat provided. In the
bath on the second floor, please use the sandals provided in the
shoes box while in the bathing area.
14. During the night foot lights illuminate the hallway and corridors.
15. In the case of fire, earthquake or other calamity, use of the elevator
is very dangerous. Use the stairway, holding on to the railing
instead of attempting to use the elevator. Please follow the
directions provided by Motherhouse Bethel staff in case of an
emergency, as you are guided to a safe location.
16. If you need anything during the day, please contact the staff in the
business office on the first floor or the staff in the kitchen on the
first floor. During the evenings, please use the in-house phone on
the second floor, dialing numbers which you are told when you
arrive here for assistance. (To use the phone, pick up the receiver
and press any button, thus activating the phone.)